Since we were supposed to write about someone else's blog, I thought I'd mention Lisette's on Psalm 23. She centered on the more gentle-natured themes of the Psalm. My thoughts were a bit darker.
I remember watching a show on the History channel (Dr. Sexon's favorite-haha) once about supernatural occurrences, and Lisette's blog made me remember a connection that one of the men on the show made with the "shadow of death" verse and supernatural stuff. I've always had an interest in the macabre, so I decided that now was the perfect time to do some research.
I didn't find much. Apparently, others aren't as interested in this connection as I am. I found one nonfiction book, called Cabinet 24 by Sina Najafi, and I read the summary for the book. The summary mentioned that one person in the book explained that, since we are all in "the valley of the shadow of death," it could explain people seeing ghosts and the like. It makes sense to me. If we really are in the shadow of death, it means death is all around us.
Maybe I'm just crazy, but it was an interesting thought I wanted to run with. I with I could have found more information on the subject, or remembered what the History channel show was called. Oh well...
With that, I will wish all of you a Happy Halloween. Fear no evil...
Thursday, October 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment