Spoiler Alert: Ezra and Nehemiah are really bad. Just like Dr. Sexson said. In fact, I think Dr. Sexson may have even sugarcoated a little bit...
I really didn't catch much from either of them, but I'll see what I can come up with.
The only thing (seriously, the one and only thing) I found interesting about Ezra is how Cyrus, the King of Persia, decides he's a Jew and heads down to Jerusalem to build a temple.
In the first verse of Nehemiah, he ays he was in the month of Chisleu. I'd be interested to see how the Jewish Calender works and compare it to the Roman Calender we use.
I thought the last line of Chapter 1 was cool "For I was the king's cupbearer." It 's a nice transition statement, and I thought I was getting ready for a great story. Needless to say, I was disappointed.
That's all I've got. Even though Ezra and Nehemiah are really, really boring, I'd still suggest chugging though them, because after Nehemiah comes Esther. And Esther, by far, is my favorite book. Short, sweet, and to the point, it tells one of the best stories in the Bible. So just remember that Ezra and Nehemiah are only a means to an end...
Tuesday, October 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment