God must really like prostitutes. First we have Rehab. Then Mary Magdalene. There must have been a lot of harlots hanging around back then.
In Chapter 7, God advises against pillaging and plundering. Just an interesting note.
I would've liked to have seen the Gibeonites dress up as the Israelites. Sounds entertaining.
In Joshua, I liked how the "deliverer" Ehud was left-handed, and it specifically mentions it. Also, when he stabs the King, it says, "so that he could not draw the dagger out of his belly and the dirt came out." What?
So...Jael killed Sisera, but Deborah took credit for it...
I just thought this was a funny verse: "At her feet he bowed, he fell, he lay down: at her feet he bowed, he fell: where he bowed, there he fell down dead." (5:27)
Friday, September 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment